psql issues

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема psql issues
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
1) Is it just me or is psql the only application that uses libpq's
PQprint()? I think both parties involved could benefit if the PQprint was
moved to or integrated into psql. Or perhaps a libpqprint as a compromise?

2) Regarding TODO item "Allow psql \copy to allow delimiters": What
precisely is the difference between:
=> \t
=> \o file
=> select * from my_table;
and
=> \copy my_table to file
or, for that matter,
=> copy my_table to 'file';
besides perhaps their internal execution path? The third variant already
allows the use of delimiters (USING DELIMITERS '*'), and so does the first
one (\f). (Speaking of which, does anyone know how to enter in effect \f
<TAB>?)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the use of PG{get|put}line() for
the \copy would have to be scratched if one would want to use delimiters.

3) Is anyone doing anything major on psql right now or would anyone mind
if I undertake a major code clean up on it? Or is everyone completely
comfortable with 350-line functions with 7 levels of indentation?

--
Peter Eisentraut - peter_e@gmx.net
http://yi.org/peter-e