Compiling the ODBC Driver Source

От Programmers login
Тема Compiling the ODBC Driver Source
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I wish to compile the postges odbc driver using VC5.0.

I have downloaded the latest source and tried to compile as is.

I found that I got a huge number of compile errors.

I found by changing the ODBC version in file psqlodbc.h to 0x0300 (#define
ODBCVER 0x0300).

I got rid of all compile errors except in info.c.

If this module SQL_EXT_API_LAST SQL_API_SQLBINDPARAMETER
SQL_NUM_FUNCTIONS, SQL_EXT_API_START, SQL_NUM_EXTENSIONS where undefined.

I noted that in sqlext.h the above definitions where defined out for ODBC
version < 0x300 so I added them in the source and got to clean compile.

// Added for test 2 September
#define SQL_EXT_API_LAST            SQL_API_SQLBINDPARAMETER
#define SQL_NUM_FUNCTIONS           23
#define SQL_EXT_API_START           40
#define SQL_NUM_EXTENSIONS (SQL_EXT_API_LAST-SQL_EXT_API_START+1)

I have no idea the ramifications of changing the version nor how to
correctly compile this on VC5.0

My dll is 190K vers the release dll of 167K and have connection problems.

I be most grateful to anyone who can help me setup VC5.0 for correct
compile.

Regards Colin