Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha

От Ryan Kirkpatrick
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> I do not want to see any patches commit'd to v6.5.x branch that is
> *anything* but a minor bug fix...personally, we had a 2 month beta period
> on this...the Alpha related stuff should have been submit'd then, at the
> very latest...

    Yea, they should have, but this is anything but a perfect world.
:(

> Please feel free to work at getting these into v6.6, *before* v6.6 is
> released, so that this problem doesn't rear its head again...

    Will do! I will make an alpha patch for 6.5.1 to keep the alpha
people happy in the short term. Then I will work on evaluating the full
effect of the alpha patches and then integrate them into the main source
tree bit by bit until it all works on alpha, but does not adversly affect
any other platform. V6.6 is about four months out, right?
    TTYL.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                     |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)    |
|  Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  | rkirkpat@nag.cs.colorado.edu  |
|               http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/                |