Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha

От Ryan Kirkpatrick
Тема Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
    When I sat down to send out Uncle G.'s patches to the debian
developers I realized that the patches really only apply to a moving
target. What I mean, is that they will only apply to current snapshots
(i.e. Jun 23's), but not to the older 6.5.1 release. By giving out these
patches, and telling them to just go and get a snapshot, they might end up
getting the snapshot on a day that pgsql is broken, or the patch will no
longer apply. The best solution I can think of is just to take one of the
snapshots (today's if it works, testing it now, otherwise last Fridays),
and setting it aside along with the patches in a seperate 'linux_alpha'
directory so packagers can have something "non-moving" to package for
thier distributions. Is this a good idea, or does someone have a better
one?

    Also, I found at least a temporary solution to the problem of
alpha CPUs being detected as alphaev5, etc... and breaking the 'alpha'
makefile conditionals. Just add 'CPU:alpha' to the linux_alpha template.
Is there a reason that this would be a bad idea? I don't even really see
the reason why config.guess wants to differeniate between different alpha
CPUs in the first place?

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                     |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)    |
|  Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  | rkirkpat@nag.cs.colorado.edu  |
|               http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/                |