Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha

От Ryan Kirkpatrick
Тема Re: [PORTS] RedHat6.0 & Alpha
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
On Wed, 28 Jul 1999, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> >         This time it worked great! No stuck spinlocks (and -O2 was used!),
> > and all the regression tests, saved for rules as Uncle G. has already
> > mentioned.
>
> Fantastic.

    One thing I did forget to mention, is that I am getting a decent
handful of unaligned traps from postmaster. To put a number on that, from
running the regression tests three times, once with numeric_big enabled, I
got ~164 unaligned traps.
    Not a show stopper, but something that probably needs to looked
into at some point in order to maximize performance of pgsql on Alphas.

> Forwarding the patches is good. Is there anything in them which could
> possibly damage a non-alpha machine? If not, and if they are on the
> right track (they must be, since things actually work finally :) then
> they should eventually end up in our main tree.

    I will pass the patches on to the Debian people and see what their
experience is with them. I know they have a handful of patches they
already apply to pgsql as it is (mostly reorganization of files I think),
so to add one more won't cause them too much more trouble for the time
being.

> In the meantime, they could end up in Linux RPMs as patches to the
> pristine distribution, and could be in new RPMs released through
> RedHat. They will be very excited (or at least as excited as they
> get... ;)

    And something similar for the debian packages as well. I will make
sure the debian peple get the patches, though I will leave the
responsiblity of getting the patches to the redhat people to someone else.
:) TTYL.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                     |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)    |
|  Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  | rkirkpat@nag.cs.colorado.edu  |
|               http://www-ugrad.cs.colorado.edu/~rkirkpat/                |