Restore from dump file: parse error

От S P Arif Sahari Wibowo
Тема Restore from dump file: parse error
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi!

I am updating from 6.3.2 to 6.4.2. Obviously I started by dumping my
databases, i.e.:

pg_dump database > database.sql

After the update, I restoring my databases, i.e.:

createdb database
psql database < database.sql

(interestingly pg_dump doesn't insert create database command, I think it
should)

However, this database have big text fields. pg_dump made some text data
spanned several lines with "\" on the unfinished lines. On reading the
database.sql, psql choke on this continued lines, give "PARSER ERROR" and
print out it help page, eventually, psql crash on segmentation fault.

Anything can be done on this stage?

Thank you.

Arif