Re: Perl and Postgres

От Roderick A. Anderson
Тема Re: Perl and Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 26 Sep 2001, Brian C. Doyle wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Where can I look to find out more about developing a web based interface
> via Perl.. Currently I do it all via PHP but do to resources available for
> a project I have I need to convert over to perl.. I check the Postgres
> Doc's and there were no examples to help get me started.  Any thing
> appreciated.

"Programming the Perl DBI", Decartes, Bunce, Oreilly
"Perl Cookbook", Christiansen & Torkington, Oreilly
"Advanced Perl Programming", Srinivasan, Oreilly

Yes I am a bit of an Oreilly fan!

And a few suggestions:

Normalize, normalize, normalize.
(de-normalize portions if needed)

Put as much of the application logic in the database as you can.

Don't re-invent the wheel, use as many perl modules as you need.

Cheers,
Rod
--
                      Let Accuracy Triumph Over Victory