Postgres 7.1.3 on OpenBSD 2.9?

От Pete Leonard
Тема Postgres 7.1.3 on OpenBSD 2.9?
Дата
Re: Postgres 7.1.3 on OpenBSD 2.9?
Список pgsql-general
Has anyone out there succeeded in installing Postgres 7.1.3 on an
x86-based OpenBSD 2.9 install?

My setup -

x86 OpenBSD 2.9, out-of-the-box (no patches).

Unpacked the Postgres 7.1.3 tarball.  Configure, make, make check all
pass.  Installed cleanly.  Updated /var/run/ld.so.hints to include
/usr/local/pgsql/lib.

initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data/ ran fine.
database started up without complaint.
createdb test was fine.

Attempting to log into the database with pgsql died as follows:

bash-2.05$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql test
Welcome to psql, the PostgreSQL interactive terminal.

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help on internal slash commands
       \q to quit

/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_tgetent" called from
psql:/usr/lib/libreadline.so.0.0 at 0x40165964
pq_recvbuf: unexpected EOF on client connection

Any suggestions?  There's nothing in the documentation that suggests
special settings for installing on OpenBSD.  If there's any additional
information I can provide, please let me know.

thanks,

    --peter