Re: Performance tuning for linux, 1GB RAM, dual CPU?

От Roderick A. Anderson
Тема Re: Performance tuning for linux, 1GB RAM, dual CPU?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Adam Manock wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am about to put a 7.1.2 server into production on RedHat 7.1
> The server will be dedicated to PostgreSQL, running a bare minimum of
> additional services.
> If anyone has already tuned the configurable parameters on a dual PIII w/
> 1GB RAM then I
> will have a great place to start for my performance tuning!
> When I'm done I'll be posting my results here for the next first timer that
> comes along.

I've just did a quick read of Bruce's article in Linux Journal.  My take
is this is more than a hardware issue.  Table size, indexes (indices?)
verses sequential scans will come into play.  I don't think you can even
really test without some relevant data, queries, etc.
   Again this was a very quick read of the article.

Thanks Bruce.  It looks enlightening.

Cheers,
Rod
--
                 Remove the word 'try' from your vocabulary ...
                     Don't try.  Do it or don't do it ...

                                                            Don Aslett