Re: AW: The lightbulb just went on...

От Michael J Schout
Тема Re: AW: The lightbulb just went on...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA@wien.spardat.at> writes:
> >> SELECT session_data, id
> >> FROM   sessions
> >> WHERE  id = ?
> >> FOR UPDATE
> >>
> >> I think part of my problem might be that sessions is a view
> >> and not a table,
>
> > Did you create an on update do instead rule ?

Yes actually :).

But Ive since elimintated the rule and figured out I could get
the equivalent functionality I was getting the the RULE/VIEW by just
using a simple PL/pgSQL trigger.

Since doing that, the "relation XXXXX modified while in use" errors
have gone away, but I'm still not sure I trust VACUUM ANALYZE enough
to run it on a non-idle production database :).  I want to do more
testing before I get that brave :).

Mike