Re: The lightbulb just went on...

От Michael J Schout
Тема Re: The lightbulb just went on...
Дата
Re: The lightbulb just went on...  (Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom:

I think I may have been seeing this problem as well.  We were getting
crashes very often with 7.0.2 during VACUUM's if activity was going
on to our database during the vacuum (even though the activity was
light).  Our solution in the meantime was to simply disable the
aplications during a vacuum to avoid any activity during hte vacuum,
and we have not had a crash on vacuum since that happened.  If this
sounds consistent with the problem you think Alfred is having, then
I would be willing to test your patch on our system as well.

If you think it would help, feel free to send me the patch and I will
do some testing on it for you.

Thanks.
Mike