RE: backup and restore

От Martin A. Marques
Тема RE: backup and restore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Mikheev, Vadim wrote:

> > > Could this be added? I am willing to help with the coding.
> >
> > This is what Version 7.1 WAL is all about.
> > There might be some help wanted in one of the possible backup methods:
> >     1. a pg_dumpall restore, and a subsequent restore of logs
> >     2. a restore of a "physical backup of db files" +
> > subsequent restore of logs
> >
> > I think Vadim has the 1st way in his works.
>
> No, 2nd. WAL reflects layout of tuples in data files, so I don't see
> how pg_dump output could be used.
> I'll really appreciate if someone will help with this issue ... after
> alpha testing will start next week.

Where is this code? How can we get it?

"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
Martín Marqués            email:     martin@math.unl.edu.ar
Santa Fe - Argentina        http://math.unl.edu.ar/~martin/
Administrador de sistemas en math.unl.edu.ar

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: AW: Inserting a select statement result into another ta ble