Re: Re[2]: Importing Data into Postgresql from MS Access

От
Тема Re: Re[2]: Importing Data into Postgresql from MS Access
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Thu, 12 Oct 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> I agree with Tony that a separate tool for format conversions would be
> mighty handy.  I don't think that trying to load down COPY with more
> features is an appropriate approach --- let it do what it does well,
> namely database backup and restore.  But we do need something that can
> handle the layout and data-conversion tasks needed to import data from
> other DBMSes.

How about a PostgreSQL equivalent of something like Oracle's SQL*Loader?
You still have to create control files and do some manual stuff, but it is
a very powerful utility.

Brett W. McCoy
                                              http://www.chapelperilous.net
I always wake up at the crack of ice.