Re: Redhat 7 and PgSQL

От bmccoy@chapelperilous.net
Тема Re: Redhat 7 and PgSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Efrain Caro wrote:

> So we can say that we can upgrade, at least in theory, but that's not the
> official policy?

Well, I don't know about 'policy', but yes, you can upgrade PostgreSQL,
you just need to dump your data first (which you should do anyway to
backup -- never upgrade without backing up first!), install the upgrade by
whatever method, do the initdb, then reload your data.  It's a minor PITA,
but it's also safe -- if you are doing a direct upgrade and it crashes or
something else really bad happens, your database could get severely
screwed.  And then you're screwed.

Brett W. McCoy
                                              http://www.chapelperilous.net
Hoare's Law of Large Problems:
    Inside every large problem is a small problem struggling to get out.