Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes

От Ryan Kirkpatrick
Тема Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes
Дата
Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes -- Results!  (Ryan Kirkpatrick <pgsql@rkirkpat.net>)
Список pgsql-ports
On Wed, 14 Jun 2000, Tom Lane wrote:

> I have finished updating about half of Postgres' builtin functions to
> the new style of fmgr interface.  At this point, everything that accepts
> any pass-by-value datatypes is converted; the remaining work is for
> functions that use only pass-by-reference datatypes, and therefore
> receive only pointer arguments.

    Cool! I need to study up a bit on fmgr, but anything that help
Linux/Alpha is a good thing. :)

> This should already take care of function-call-related portability
> problems on many platforms.  In particular these changes should
> eliminate the need for Ryan Kirkpatrick's Linux/Alpha patches, and

    Not all of my Linux/Alpha patches are related to fmgr, there are a
few related to s_lock and such (which can probably be put into the source
tree with #ifdefs). But this should take care of the majority of the
Linux/Alpha patch.
    I will download the snapshot today at work (where I have "real"
bandwidth :) and test things out this weekend. I should have a report by
Monday. Maybe I will even have a patch that can be safely applied to
the development source tree. :) TTYL.

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |
|   Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  |  http://www.rkirkpat.net/   |