Re: Performance Problem

От Gunnar Wolf
Тема Re: Performance Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
> Hello, i have compile the postgres 7.0 under the sparc solaris 7 but it's to
> slow....
> I have a PC 200MHz with Red Hat 6.1 and is more faster than the Sun Ultra
> 10, why?
> This is my times when i make the same test in solaris and under  the PC:
>     PC --> 5 min.
>     SUN --> 18 min.  ????

This may be related to a problem I have been having on my Alpha with
Postgres 6.5.3: It is not 64-bit clean, and it produces large amounts of
unaligned traps, which slow down performance... It seems this will be
fixed for 7.1

           Gunnar Wolf    gwolf@campus.iztacala.unam.mx
     Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Iztacala
   Jefatura de Sección de Desarrollo y Admon. de Sistemas en Red
        Area de Seguridad en Computo - DCI - DGSCA - UNAM
  Beginner thinks 1Kb == 1000 bytes.   Master knows 1Km == 1024m