Re: Enumerated data type

От Tom Cook
Тема Re: Enumerated data type
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2 May 2000, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Anand Raman writes:
>
> > Is there anything equivalent to the enumerated data types in
> > postgresql..
>
> You might find that strings with check constraints will do the job, e.g.
>
> create table my_tbl (
>  color text check color in ('blue', 'green', 'white'),
> );

For anything much more than this, I'd just create a table with all the
possible values in it, each with a unique identifier, and then use the
identifier in my_tbl. Then you can control the possible values more
easily.

--
Tom Cook - Software Engineer

"Never criticize a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes; that way,
when you criticize him, you're a mile away and have his shoes."
    - A froggy bloke on a news group.

LISAcorp - www.lisa.com.au

38 Greenhill Rd.          Level 3, 228 Pitt Street
Wayville, SA, 5034        Sydney, NSW, 2000

Phone:   +61 8 8272 1555  Phone:   +61 2 9283 0877
Fax:     +61 8 8271 1199  Fax:     +61 2 9283 0866