Re: GTK or TCL/TK ... what do you prefer ? (beginner)

От Brett W. McCoy
Тема Re: GTK or TCL/TK ... what do you prefer ? (beginner)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 1 May 2000, Brett W. McCoy wrote:

> On Mon, 1 May 2000, Robert Wagner wrote:
>
> > Unix don't have certain concepts like ODBC that we take for granted in a
> > Windows networking environment.  Many Unix programmers simply use flat
> > files for local storage, because database access is so slow, and there is
> > the additional administrational overhead.... what a bother.   For some this
> > is job security though, writing code that is tightly coupled to everybody
> > elses code, and nobody else can understand.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention there is a Unix ODBC library, found at
www.unixodbc.com

Brett W. McCoy
                                              http://www.chapelperilous.net
egrep patterns are full regular expressions; it uses a fast deterministic
algorithm that sometimes needs exponential space.
-- unix manuals