Re: Parallel databases?

От Colin Smith
Тема Re: Parallel databases?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, A James Lewis wrote:

> Does anyone have any suggestions for a way to keep 2 databases in sync?
>
> Ideally updates need to be made to both... this can't be too uncommon a
> requirement..... any kind of HA would need it....

I believe the drbd system can do this across a LAN. I haven't looked in
detail at it. You should be able to find info on the linux-ha.org site. I
know it mirrors blocks across multiple servers but I have no idea how well
it handles locking etc.

--
|Colin Smith:  Colin.Smith@yelm.freeserve.co.uk  |   Windows 2000    |
|Configuration management library for Unix/Linux |        AKA        |