Re: Linux/Alpha and Postgres 7.0 Beta Status

От Ryan Kirkpatrick
Тема Re: Linux/Alpha and Postgres 7.0 Beta Status
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> *rofl* I haven't even had a chance to write up the ChangeLog/announcement
> for beta4 yet :)  I just made the tarball itself a few hours ago so that
> it had a chance to propogate through the mirror sites ...
>
>  On Tue, 4 Apr 2000, Ryan Kirkpatrick wrote:
> >     I finally managed to catch up with the 7.0 betas (provided beta5
> > does not come out in the next few hours :). My web site has been updated
> > with the Linux/Alpha patches for 7.0beta4 (see the software section), and
> > for history's sake, I have also listed the Linux/Alpha patches for all
> > version of PostgreSQL that the patches have existed for.

    I was wondering why there had been no annoucement on the lists
yet about it, though I did notice it was date stamped today. Didn't
realize I had caught it quite that quick though. :)
    I was just cleaning up the patches and web page for beta3 when I
thought I had better check the ftp site just one more time. Especially
after the last two times I have sat down to work on the Linux/Alpha
patches, before I could finish a new beta would come out... and I it was
true once again! :( Thankfully, my current beta3 patch applied only with a
tad bit of fuzz to beta4. It was only the beta1 to beta2 transistion that
was painful (thanks to int8.c). I guess it is only fair that I got "ahead"
for once.
    Glad I was able to add a bit of humor to your day. :)

|   "For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."                    |
|                                            --- Philippians 1:21 (KJV)   |
|   Ryan Kirkpatrick  |  Boulder, Colorado  |  http://www.rkirkpat.net/   |