[GENERAL] Help with query (fwd)

От Vegeta
Тема [GENERAL] Help with query (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-general

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 09:35:25 -0400 (VET)
From: Vegeta <vegeta@cuaima.ica.luz.ve>
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Help with query

Dear list members:

I am new to the list and to SQL. I am using PostgreSQL 6.4.2 on Linux and
want to do the following query:
Given a table "works" with fields "idworker" (int4) and "timeofwork"
(datetime),  i want to have a query who has the number of hours worked by
each "worker" in the form:
 idworker   hoursworked

I tried with:
SELECT idworker, COUNT(DISTINCT int8(timeofwork)/3600) as hoursworked
FROM works
GROUP BY idworker

but pgsql does not accept the DISTINCT inside the count (I read in a book
that there are some RDBMS that do accept it).
Is there another way to acomplish this?
Do I need to create a user-defined aggregate? If so, how should I do it?

Thanks in advance,
Guido Urdaneta

PS: Sorry for my bad english