Re: [GENERAL] crypt in RH 6.0

От Doo Suk Yang
Тема Re: [GENERAL] crypt in RH 6.0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 5 Jul 1999, Cesar Lombao wrote:

> I send a meesage talking about a problem with postgres 6.4.2 and 6.5 with
> redhat 6.0
> If compile with
> gcc myprogram.c -lpq
> I get a error about a reference to crypt not found
>
> but if
> gcc myprogram.c -lpq -lcrypt
>
> works
>
> then.... exists any bug or missing during compilation of postgres?
> I try to find a place to add -lcrypt (some Makefile) but, really, I don't
> know.
>
> Anyone has a comment about this?
>
> Atentamente
> Cesar Lombao Vazquez
> EXT 233-INFRAESTRUCTURAS
> DYCSA

It's the matter of pgaccess.
You can see this message on the pgaccess page,
http://flex.flex.ro/pgaccess/index.html#libpgtcl

  PostgreSQL 6.4 release has a minor bug. I does not includ by default the
crypt lib when compiling libpgtcl. So, you will need to manually add a
-lcrypt
to SHLIB line in Makefile in src/interfaces/libpgtcl and then make clean
and make again. The new libpgtcl.so library is properly configured to run
pgaccess.

Science is the game we play with God to find out what his rules are.
Doo Suk Yang
Research Scientist                              Voice: 82-42-866-2222
LG Chemical Ltd. Research Park
Biotech Research Institute I                    FAX:   82-42-861-2566
A fool hath no delight in understanding, but that his heart may discover itself.
(Proverbs 18:2)