Re: Issues w/ 7.1 to 7.2 upgrade.

От Thomas Good
Тема Re: Issues w/ 7.1 to 7.2 upgrade.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Diehl, Jeffrey wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I just upgraded from 7.1 to 7.2, mainly because of the facts that vacuum
> doesn't do table locks and I thought that "replace into" would be in 7.2.
>
> Anyway, I don't see that "replace into" is there...

Hi Mike,

I'm anxiously awaiting DROP COLUMN (rather than using the workaround
of SELECTing desired attributes into a new relation, dropping the old
rel and renaming the new...)

I was hoping it would be in 7.2 but not yet.  :-(

> Also, I noticed a slight difference that caught me off guard:
>
> If I try to insert '1234567890' into a varchar(5) under 7.1, the value of
> the field will be '12345'.
>
> If I try it under 7.2, I get an error.

I found this in using 7.2 beta - it mimics Oracle's response to a string
that exceeds the len of the attribute.  I kinda liked the unstated substr()
behaviour.  But I guess it was a bit sloppy.

Thomas Good                                         tomg@admin.nrnet.org
Programmer/Analyst                                  thomas@sqlclinic.net
Residential Services, Behavioral Health Services
Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers
--
SQL Clinic - An Open Source Clinical Record            www.sqlclinic.net

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: