Re: Postgresql usage clip.

От Thomas Good
Тема Re: Postgresql usage clip.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 30 May 2000, Ron Peterson wrote:

> John Steele wrote:
>
> >   IMO, having a 'toy' server during development on a win9x platform would be really nice.  Coming from a MySQL/PHP
background,it sure is nice to take the laptop out on a nice day and be able to develop 'real' applications that are
thenmoved to a real server platform.

> Why don't you just run Linux on your laptop?  Dual boot if you need to
> Windoze for your day-job.  Then you could develop a real application on
> a real operating system.

Or score a hat trick.  Load FBSD4.0 and Linux along with Windoze.
Use os-bs as a boot loader in the windoze partition.  I do this.
I get to test Pg on both of my work environments.

               North Richmond Community Mental Health Center
Thomas Good, MIS Coordinator                tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org
                                                        Phone: 718-354-5528
                                                        Fax:   718-354-5056
 North Richmond Systems       PostgreSQL                 s l a c k w a r e
   Are Powered By:              RDBMS                   |---------- linux