Re: [GENERAL] BIG Data and Perl

От Roderick A. Anderson
Тема Re: [GENERAL] BIG Data and Perl
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 15 Oct 1999, Andy Lewis wrote:

> -- cut --
>     $result = $conn->exec("$query");
>
>         $ntuples = $result->ntuples;
>         print STDOUT "Total: $ntuples \n\n";
>
>         while ( @row = $result->fetchrow ) {
>         do some stuff here...ie, open file and read
>     }

I've seen similar effects when working with arrays.  I'm not sure since
I'm still new to PostgreSQL but would a foreach loop work.

    foreach @row ( $result->fetchrow ) {
       @columns = @$row;
    }

I seem to remember reading somewhere that foreach's are faster and more
memory conservative. (Been reading too many perl books lately so I can't
say where I saw this.)

Rod
--
Roderick A. Anderson