Re: [INTERFACES] How can I work thru this key problem?

От Jeffrey Lyon
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] How can I work thru this key problem?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
There's probably a better way, but I do a:

SELECT NEXTVAL('thenextkey') AS n_thenextkey;
INSERT INTO exampletable (keyiwant, otherinfo) VALUES (n_thenextkey,
'somestring');

...and then use n_thenextkey to refer to the newly added tuple.

Jeffrey