Re: [GENERAL] Using Postgres with CGI's

От Oleg Broytmann
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Using Postgres with CGI's
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, fabian baena wrote:
> I'm trying to biuld a database that I can use with a browser like netscape
> or something like that.
> I want to know if I can do this, and if I can, where can I get information
> on how to do this.

   Of course, you cannot use Postgres with browser. You need WWW server and
CGI programs, that draw data from a database, prepare HTML and pass it to
browser.
   First, you need to learn what is CGI in general. Choose a language for
writing CGI. These days perl used widely, but it is hard to learn. I
recommend to learn Python. I can give you some advices/demos on how to
write CGI scripts using Python and Postgres.

> Thank you.

> Fabian.

Oleg.
----