Re: [INTERFACES] Bug in psql?

От Bruce Tong
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Bug in psql?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
>  I tried to create the table below using psql, but it bombed out
> with a message about loosing the backend, though the backend was
> still running nicely. It seems to be a problem with the long
> field name of the serial (and primary key) column.

Have you tried putting the following into a file and using...

# psql -f foo.sql

... to run it? I _think_ this sometimes gives different messages than
entering it directly on the psql command line, although I'm not sure why.
I could be way off here, but its worth a try.

> create table globalafvigelse
>   (
>     globalafvigelse serial ,
>     startdato date,
>     slutdato date,
>     dagskema varchar(50),
>     primary key (globalafvigelse)
>   );

What is type "serial"? It probably not incorrect, but I've not heard of it
before.

Bruce Tong                 |  Got me an office; I'm there late at night.
Systems Programmer         |  Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.
Electronic Vision / FITNE  |
zztong@laxmi.ev.net        |  -- Joe Walsh for the 21st Century