RE: [INTERFACES] not translating a query properly. . .

От Hugh Lawson
Тема RE: [INTERFACES] not translating a query properly. . .
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I also had a problem with initdb creating 6.3 type databases after I
had compiled and installed the pgsql 6.4 source.  I had not completely
removed all traces of 6.3.  In particular, super-user postgres home
address was RedHat style /var/lib whatever, and there were still some
files there.

After I deleted the postgres user and made sure everything was gone,
then initdb worked properly.  I went back to 6.3 anyway because I
couldn't get pgaccess working in 6.4, and some other problems, and I
was frazzled from the unaccustomed work of setting up from sources.
Spoiled by rpm, I guess.

I'll try again now that I've learned that there is an escape route.
Fortunately for me  this is all hobby, and I don't have anybody
depending on my db.

Incidentally, suse 5.2 has "wish" not in /usr/bin as specified in the
stock pgaccess script. (I also fiddle with a suse distribution.) I
solved this with a bash script that contained "wish -f <path to
pgaccess>".

Hugh Lawson
Greensboro, North Carolina
hglawson@nr.infi.net