Re: [HACKERS] Problems with >2GB tables on Linux 2.0

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Problems with >2GB tables on Linux 2.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 6 Feb 1999, Hannu Krosing wrote:

> Thomas Reinke wrote:
> >
> > I may be dating myself really badly here, but isn't there a hard limit
> > on
> > the file system at 2Gig? I thought the file size attribute in Unix is
> > represented as a 32 bit signed long, which happens to be a max value
> > of 2147483648. If I'm right, it means the problem is fundamentally
> > with the file system, not with PostGres, and you won't solve this
> > unless the os supports larger files.
>
> There is logic insid PostgreSQL to overflof to nex file at 2GB, but
> apparently this is currently broken.
>
> AFAIK, there are people working on it now

Yes, me ;-)

I have an idea where the failure is occuring, but I'm still testing the
relavent parts of the code.

--       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk     Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk
PostgreSQL JDBC Faq: http://www.retep.org.uk/postgresJava PDF Generator: http://www.retep.org.uk/pdf

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] One I've never seen before: