Re: RPM troubleshoot

От Roderick A. Anderson
Тема Re: RPM troubleshoot
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 21 May 2000, Travis Bauer wrote:

> If you are trying to install the most recent version, you could try
>
> rpm -Uvh ....
>
> Conclusion:  Even if postgresql is installed on your system from a
> previous version, re-install it with the new rpms.  It's easier to get
> running, and works much better.

Re-install verse update (-U) I'm guessing.  'rpm -e postgres' then 'rpm
-Uvh postgres-xxxxx'.  I got bit by the old RedHat postgres install once.
   I haven't followed the PG7.0 RPM discussion too closely so didn't hear
if it was distribution specific or not.  ???

Rod
--
Roderick A. Anderson
raanders@altoplanos.net               Altoplanos Information Systems, Inc.