Re: [GENERAL] trouble with pgaccess

От Kevin Heflin
Тема Re: [GENERAL] trouble with pgaccess
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> Kevin Heflin wrote:
>   >>   >I keep getting the following error:
>   >>   >
>   >>   >Error in startup script: couldn't load file "libpgtcl.so": libpgtcl.so:
>   >>   >cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>   >I started over, and did use the --with-tcl option and --with-perl
>   >then gmake all
>   >and then gmake install
>
> So presumably you  have a file called libpgtcl.so in (say)
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib.  Your system loader needs to know to look there,
> so you have to tell it, since this is not one of the default library
> directories.

Yes, the file is in /usr/local/pgsql/lib
and I've added this directory to my /etc/ld.so.conf and run /sbin/ldconfig

> As a last resort, set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH before
> running the program.

AHA!. adding the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to my .bash_profile seems to have done
the trick

Thanks very much for the help

Kevin Heflin          | ShreveNet, Inc.      | Ph:318.222.2638 x103
VP/Mac Tech           | 333 Texas St #619    | FAX:318.221.6612
kheflin@shreve.net    | Shreveport, LA 71101 | http://www.shreve.net