Re: [GENERAL] trouble with pgaccess

От Kevin Heflin
Тема Re: [GENERAL] trouble with pgaccess
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 21 Feb 1999, Oliver Elphick wrote:

> Kevin Heflin wrote:
>   >
>   >I've just recently installed postgresql 6.4.2 from source. Installation
>   >appeared to complete just fine. I'm just having trouble getting pgaccess
>   >to work. I've read several files that supposedly explain how to fix the
>   >problem I'm having, but I'm not having much luck, or don't undertand.
>   >
>   >I keep getting the following error:
>   >
>   >Error in startup script: couldn't load file "libpgtcl.so": libpgtcl.so:
>   >cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
>   >    while executing
>   >"load libpgtcl.so"
>   >    (procedure "main" line 6)
>   >    invoked from within
>   >"main $argc $argv"
>   >    (file "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pgaccess" line 4954)
>
> Did you tell configure to build the pgtcl library?
> (Use the option --with-tcl)

my first time through, I did not. I was wanting to keep things simple at
first to see if I get postgresql installed. When that went o.k.

I started over, and did use the --with-tcl option and --with-perl
then gmake all
and then gmake install

I read this in the pgaccess help files, and tried it, but still no luck

-----
PostgreSQL 6.4 release has a minor bug. I does not includ by default the
crypt lib when compiling libpgtcl. So, you will need to manually add a
-lcrypt
to SHLIB line in Makefile in src/interfaces/libpgtcl and then make clean
and make again. The new libpgtcl.so library is properly configured to run
pgaccess.
-------

Kevin Heflin          | ShreveNet, Inc.      | Ph:318.222.2638 x103
VP/Mac Tech           | 333 Texas St #619    | FAX:318.221.6612
kheflin@shreve.net    | Shreveport, LA 71101 | http://www.shreve.net