need help separating a field

От Kevin Heflin
Тема need help separating a field
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have a table with a field of 'username_password' where the data is in
the format of:

username/password

what I would really like to do, is create a new field of 'username' and
another of 'password' and with some magic SQL statement select all from
username_password, and spit up the pair, and insert them back into the
newly created 'username' and 'password' fields.

Is this even possible? and if so, would anyone be willing to give me a
hint?

Kevin

Kevin Heflin          | ShreveNet, Inc.      | Ph:318.222.2638 x103
VP/Mac Tech           | 333 Texas St #619    | FAX:318.221.6612
kheflin@shreve.net    | Shreveport, LA 71101 | http://www.shreve.net