Re: [GENERAL] How to know when to vacuum

От Chris Johnson
Тема Re: [GENERAL] How to know when to vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-general
OK, so there's been quite a bit of traffic about vacuuming databases as
well as more than one suggestion on how to do it.  But there really hasn't
been an answer to the question of how to know when to vacuum.

I now vacuum the databases every night, but this seems somewhat
inefficient... I know that some of the more active databases could use
some extra vacuuming, but which ones? how often?  If there is a way to ask
postgres whether a specific database could use a vacuuming I will be happy
to write something to automate it, but I see no way to do so.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris