Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump --help

От Karel Zak - Zakkr
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_dump --help
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > $ pg_dump --help
> > /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/pg_dump: invalid option -- -
> >
> > hmm ?
> >
> > Prepare anyone long options for pg_dump, pg_passwd, pg_version ?
> > If not, I make it, current state is  disgraceful.
> >

> #$ pg_dump -h
> pg_dump: option requires an argument -- h
> usage:  pg_dump [options] dbname
>          -a                      dump out only the data, no schema
>          -c                      clean(drop) schema prior to create
--cut--

$ mysqldump --help
mysqldump  Ver 4.0 Distrib 3.21.31, for pc-linux-gnu (i586)
By Igor Romanenko & Monty & Jani. This software is in public Domain
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

Dumping definition and data mysql database or table
Usage: mysqldump [OPTIONS] database [tables]
 -#, --debug=...       Output debug log. Often this is 'd:t:o,filename -?, --help            Displays this help and
exits.-c, --compleat-insert Use complete insert statements.

.....etc.

I send patch with long options next week.....
                    Karel