Re: [HACKERS] FOREIGN KEY and shift/reduce

От Karel Zak - Zakkr
Тема Re: [HACKERS] FOREIGN KEY and shift/reduce
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Jan Wieck wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     Another interesting  question  is  about  inheritance.  If  a
>     REFERENCES constraint exists for a table, must another table,
>     inheriting this one, also get all the FK checks applied?

Hi,

This inspire me for next question: What is in PosgreSQL inherited?

IMHO is problem make inheriting FOREIGN KEY if not is support for UNIQUE
or PRIMARY KEYs inheriting. (Or is it in CVS tree?).

PostgreSQL 6.5.3:

test=> create table aaa (x int4 UNIQUE);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/UNIQUE will create implicit index 'aaa_x_key' for
table 'aaa'
CREATE
test=> create table y () inherits (aaa);
CREATE
test=> insert into y values (1);
INSERT 590807 1
test=> insert into y values (1);
INSERT 590808 1
                        Karel

PS. I very look forward to a FOREIGN KEY, with this feature will    life easier and the PgSQL will more tread on the
heelsof non-GNU   engines.