Re: [GENERAL] Mail to DB.

От Howie
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Mail to DB.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 27 Nov 1999, Jason C. Leach wrote:

> hi,
>
> I've read that a few of you are putting email into a postgres DB.  I'd
> be interested in doing something similar.  Would any of you care to
> share the secret that allows sendmail to deposit the email to a db, or
> how you get it from /var/spool/mail/mailbox into the table when new mail
> arrives?

a friend and i were just talking about this... you could use procmail to
spawn a program that inserts the data into pgsql.  youd most likely want
to use LO's for the email body, storing To:, From:, Cc:, and Subject: in a
table ( for queries ).

---
Howie <caffeine@toodarkpark.org>   URL: http://www.toodarkpark.org
"Tell a man that there are 400 billion stars and he'll believe you.
 Tell him a bench has wet paint and he has to touch it."