Perl DBI + binary data in psql not working

От Paul Schilling
Тема Perl DBI + binary data in psql not working
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am trying to use Apache::Session + psql and ran into a problem with
binary data from Storable::nfreeze  To demonstrate what is happening I
wrote this quick script:

#!/usr/bin/perl
use DBI;
use strict;
use Storable qw(nfreeze thaw);

my $dbh = DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=pfschill", '', '');
my $st = $dbh->prepare_cached('
    INSERT INTO sessions (id, length, a_session) VALUES (?,?,?)');

my $data = {'stuff' => 'other stuff'};
my $serialized = nfreeze $data;
my $session    = "1234";

$st->bind_param(1, $session);
$st->bind_param(2, length $serialized);
$st->bind_param(3, $serialized);
$st->execute;

Running this you get:
DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near ""
Database handle destroyed without explicit disconnect.

The sessions table is:
+-----------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
|         Field               |              Type                | Length|
+-----------------------------+----------------------------------+-------+
| id                          | char() not null default ''       |    16 |
| length                      | int4 not null default 0          |     4 |
| a_session                   | lo                               |     4 |

I have also tried the text type.  I can't tell if this is just a DBD::Pg
problem with binary data or if I am having a problem with binary data in
psql as well (which is why I am posting this to both lists, sorry.)

Does anyone have a solution to this?  I can fall back to either using the
Apache::Session::File or MySQL for the sessions but I would rather not.

Thanks.
--
Paul Schilling
pfschill@direct-learning.com