Re: [HACKERS] string function

От Zakkr
Тема Re: [HACKERS] string function
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> Thus spake Zakkr
> > text *pgcrypt(text *string)  - Returns string, cryped via DES crypt(3).
> >

> > Do somebody want this func. ? I try write more string func. if will
> > interest.. (in PSQL is not strcat(), md5() ...etc.).
>
> Careful.  This could affect the ability to distribute the code world wide.
> I know that the server is in Canada but we have mirrors in the US.

Yes, I know unimaginable US restrictions...  pgcrypt() is experiment for me
(I need it in my project) -  I want write other func. for world wide.

Try somebody implemeny strftime(),strcat() to PSQL ? -
(is any problem in PSQL, that not exist more string/date/..etc functions or
is problem with programmer absence (only) ?)
                        Zakkr