Re: [HACKERS] Re: UnixWare

От Thomas Good
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: UnixWare
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Billy G. Allie wrote:

Billy,

I have such a box (running 2.1.2 and pg 6.3.2) and linked no problem (see
earlier post) by telling the linker to use /usr/ucblib.

Thomas Lockhart would like me to document this along with Dmitri S and
Andrew...but I am underqualifed (generally ;-)

Care to assist?

Cheers,
Tom Good

> Under UnixWare 2.x, alloca is in the UCB library (libucb.a ?).  The easist way
> to link in alloca is to extract it from libucb.a and either link in the
> alloca.o file or put it into the libgen.a library and the link in via -lgen.
> Why now just link in lubucb.a you ask?  The are routines in libucb.a that you
> do not want to get linked into the object in place of the regular routines
> with the same name.  I have ran my UnixWare 2.x system (when I had it) with
> alloca in libgen.a with out any problems.
>
> This was the setup I used to compile Postgres 6.3.x when I had UnixWare 2.x.
> [Hmmm....  It looks like I should put together a 486 box to run Unixware 2.x
> on so that I can test new versions of PostgreSQL on it].
>
> --
> ____       | Billy G. Allie    | Domain....: Bill.Allie@mug.org
> |  /|      | 7436 Hartwell     | Compuserve: 76337,2061
> |-/-|----- | Dearborn, MI 48126| MSN.......: B_G_Allie@email.msn.com
> |/  |LLIE  | (313) 582-1540    |

------- North Richmond Community Mental Health Center -------

Thomas Good                                   MIS Coordinator
Vital Signs:                  tomg@ { admin | q8 } .nrnet.org                                         Phone:
718-354-5528                                          Fax:   718-354-5056

/* Member: Computer Professionals For Social Responsibility */