Re: [GENERAL] Problem with \copy

От Thomas Good
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Problem with \copy
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Marc Eggenberger wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I have some problems with importing a large txt db into postgres ... I try to use the \copy db from xyz to import
froma tabulator spaced textfile ... it takes 2-3sec then a "broken pipe" comes up and psql is beeing left ....
> anyone knows if there's a possibility to turn on something like "debugging mode" so that I get more infos than just
"brokenpipe"?

Hallo Marc,

Is it possible you could have any ctrl chars in your data?
Any *apostrophes* that aren't escaped?

This may be completely off track but I've wasted god knows how much time
looking for other problems when I had forgotten to escape single quotes...

I use the following to `fix' user input when I get single quotes in char
strings: $usr_input =~ s/\'/s/\\'/g;  If this is the problem you could use
sed to escape any single quotes in your dump file...HTH!

Viel erfolg,
Tom

> --
> mit freundlichen Gruessen
> =====================================
> Inside Electronic Online   www.ieo.ch
> Eggenberger Marc            me@ieo.ch
> Leimbachstr. 56        Tel 01/4802800
> 8041 Zuerich            Fax 01/4802801
> =====================================

    ---------- Sisters of Charity Medical Center ----------
                   Department of Psychiatry
                            ----
    Thomas Good                          <tomg@q8.nrnet.org>
    Coordinator, North Richmond C.M.H.C. Information Systems
    75 Vanderbilt Ave, Quarters 8        Phone: 718-354-5528
    Staten Island, NY   10304            Fax:   718-354-5056

От: Robert Chalmers
Сообщение: Is there a script for cleanly shutting down
От: Alvaro Castillo
Сообщение: [GENERAL] Unsupported frontend protocol error?