On archived databases

От Memphisto
Тема On archived databases
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have the following problem:

 I wrote an app that parses log files and put the analyzed results into
PostgreSQL database. The problem is that sooner or later the database
grows to a size that can't be stored on the HD therefore it shall be
archived on some read-only media.
 I would like to know if portgreSQL supports this kind of operation - I
mean that how can I archive a database 'correctly', I don't want to cheat
PostgreSQL. It is also in question whether I could use the archive DB from
PostgreSQL(like an active database but only for read-only operations.)

                Best regards

Sebestyén Zoltán AKA Memphisto        It all seems so stupid,
                    it makes me want to give up.
szoli@netvisor.hu            But why should I give up,
                                        when it all seems so stupid?

MAKE INSTALL NOT WAR            And please avoid Necrosoft Widows

                   -- Eagerly waiting for FreeBSD 2.2.8 --