Re: [GENERAL] Re: Large Objects

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Re: Large Objects
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Jeroen Schaap wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, James Oden wrote:
>
> > |1) What exactly do you mean with 'view'?
> > | A large object is referenced by its OID (objectID). You just can dump
> > |the object to a file and view the file.
> > I read somewhere (a while back) that postgres internally stores large
> > objects as single files on the filesystem.  Is this still the case?  If it
> > is is there anywork being done to change this?
>
> Yes, it still is a seperate file... seems to be a straightforward
> approach. What's wrong with that?

Unless it's changed in the last few days, they are stored as two files, a
table xinv???? & an index xinx???? (where ???? is the oid of the object).
There was talk of having an alternative system of storing large objects,
as the current scheme is not that efficient in terms of disk space used.

--
       Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk
      Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk