insert problem.

От Memphisto
Тема insert problem.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

 I've got this little problem:
I've got two relations:
groups(name text); -- This one contains the name of usergroups;
users (username text, groupid oid, constraint grid primary key(username));
-- The users relation contains the name of the users along with the group
relation's oid as a foreign key.
I'd like to insert a new user and I also know the group's he or she
belongs to:

elmu=> insert into users values('Average Joe', (select oid from groups
where groups.name='grp1'));
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "select"

What's wrong with the insertion?

            Thanks in advance

Sebestyén Zoltán AKA Memphisto        It all seems so stupid,
                    it makes me want to give up.
szoli@netvisor.hu            But why should I give up,
                                        when it all seems so stupid?

MAKE INSTALL NOT WAR            And please avoid Necrosoft Widows