Re: [SQL] Can I store bitmap graphics in a table?

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [SQL] Can I store bitmap graphics in a table?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Mon, 20 Jul 1998, Dan Delaney wrote:

> Hello all, can a bitmap graphic file be stored into a table? If so,
> how? What field type should I set up in the table and how do I
> insert the graphic file?
>    Thanks.
>  --Dan

You need to use large objects.

Currently you use the oid type to store a large object's oid in a table.
Then using the lo_ functions to store and retrieve the image.

The easiest thing to do is look at the docs, although you may want to look
at the ImageViewer example in the JDBC driver (src/interfaces/jdbc/examples)
as it does this exact thing.

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk