Re: [INTERFACES] select w/Swing's JTable widget

От Peter T Mount
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] select w/Swing's JTable widget
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Sat, 4 Jul 1998, Ludovic Marcotte wrote:

> Hi,
>     I would first like to thank all developpers that are working on
> PostgreSQL. It's an awesome piece of software.
>
> Secondly, I've a simple question. I'm developping a small application in
> Java and I use the Swing (JFC) widgets set. I have to do a select on a
> table and put the result in a JTable object. My question is, how (in an
> efficient manner) should I construct my JTable object since I do not know
> in advance how many rows I'll have (available through my resultset).
> Playing with Vector objects is annoying and with Object[]{[]} .. it's
> pretty static :)

I once played with Swing some time ago, with little success (it brought
the machine down). That was some time ago, so I'll be looking at swing
again fairly soon.

There is no way of knowing how many rows are in a ResultSet, without
reading in the entire set.

Also, I thought JTable could handle ResultSet's?

--
Peter T Mount peter@retep.org.uk or petermount@earthling.net
Main Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk