Creating a C Function

От Screech
Тема Creating a C Function
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
I am trying to create a function using C, but I am having trouble getting
Postgres to execute it.  If I call the function from a C program, it works
fine, but pgsql gives me this:

ERROR:  Load of file /usr/local/pgsql/obj/gen_username.so failed: Unable
to resolve symbol

Perhaps I am failing in the compilation/linking process.  Does anyone
happen to have a generic make file for Linux (2.0.32, pgsql v. 6.3.2)?
The file is there, and the complete tree (including the .so) is world
readable/executable.

In case it matters, here is the interface for the function:

text * gen_username (text *lname, text *fname);

Any ideas?  Thanks...

 Jason Lee                                             screech@screech.org
 So many times we believe that our lives will go to waste unless strive to
 achieve so many things out of haste.  Sometimes we run too fast, when God
 is asking us to crawl.  He who is faithful minding less shall be given to
                               rule over all