Re: [INTERFACES] Perl modules

От Dr David Scott
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Perl modules
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Tom Good wrote:

> David - are you sure about the interface that comes bundled being
> DBD::Pg?  It is *very* different from DBD-Pg-0.69 which I am currently
> using...(?)

The API has tended to shiftB around a bit.

> The one resource I wish we had is good documentation on Tim Bunce's
> DBI.  There is nothing of note in Learning Perl or the camel book.
> Advanced Perl Programming has a blurb on dbi but it is very scant.
> I haven't checked out Tim O'Reilly's Perl Resource Kit as I don't have
> the $150 US.  Is there anything of interest contained in it?

Download and install DBI.pm from CPAN and then do perldoc DBI.  This is
the same documentation that's included in the O'Reilly Perl Resource Kit
(in fact, it's more up to date).

I own the PRK and do use the books for some things, although I always
consult the online docs for any modules I use a lot.

Also, Srinivasan's 'Advanced Perl Programming' has some stuff on DBI,
although it's a bit sketchy on that topic.  Great book in general, though.

ds