Re: AW: [HACKERS] Begin statement again

От Jose' Soares Da Silva
Тема Re: AW: [HACKERS] Begin statement again
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Michael Meskes wrote:

> Zeugswetter Andreas writes:
> > I am well accustomed to the deficiencies of Oracle. But in Oracle you don't have read locks,
> > and so a read only program does no harm if it only does one commit when it exits
> > (except maybe block the RBS if it did one small update).
> > Since postgresql does have read locks, such a program will lock all resources as time goes by,
> > if it does not do frequent commits. Not to speak of memory, that does not get freed.
>
> You got a point with this.
>
> > Hmmm ? you don't tell the backend when the program exits ?
>
> So far I don't. Does anyone know whether there's a disconnect command
> somewhere? In embedded SQL that is. Oracle uses 'commit work release'.

The DISCONNECT statement is used to terminate an inactive
SQL-Connection. A SQL-Connection can be closed whether it is the
current SQL-Connection or a dormant SQL-Connection, but may not
closed while a transaction is on-going for its associated
SQL-session.

The required syntax for the DISCONNECT statement is:

DISCONNECT
      <Connection Name> |
                DEFAULT |
                CURRENT |
                ALL
                                                            Ciao, Jose'

От: Michael Meskes
Сообщение: symbol ':'
От: Frank Ridderbusch
Сообщение: 6.3.1: Core during initdb on SVR4 (MIPS)